Saturday, July 24, 2010

Acadia!

So, we went to Acadia National Park. No Obama, no moose, but it was beautiful anyway.



Josh, Elizabeth and I hike all around and eventually reached the top of one of the peaks in the park (where the video above was filmed). The views were spectacular as was the weather.

And, we got to pick wild blueberries (and eat them!):


Simply AWESOME. Too bad my camera died 3 pictures in, otherwise there would be more fun photos.

----

Back in the world of music (why I'm here, right?) the quartet assigned to my piece has been rehearsing and played for me for the first time on Friday. They were awesome! Flexible, excited and very skilled. My piece, a movment for string quartet called "The Nascent Past," is being played Tuesday, I believe. Recordings, videos and whatever else I can post here will be available.

No comments: