Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bowdoin (BOH-den)

For the next 6 weeks I will be at the Bowdoin Music Festival in Brunswick, ME. I'm here as a composer, but hopefully will get to spend some time practicing, too.

I arrived yesterday around 5:00 pm. Things are beautiful here - the campus reminds me very much of Vassar; more trees, though (perhaps fewer varieties - I'm not much of an arborist). General orientation meetings have happened and the people I've met so far seem nice. One of my roomates, Josh from Australia, seems like someone I will most certainly get along with - he's a violist to boot.

Visited the Hannaford (grocery store) this morning early (around 8) and am doing some work before an 11 O'clock meeting with Claude Baker, the first session composition faculty member, to figure out schedules, masterclasses, etc.

There are A LOT of master classes and concerts scheduled even in just this first week - I think about 11 events in all. I am excited to hear a lot of repertoire and hear some first-class musicians do some coaching (Glenn Dicterow and Liang Wang are both going to be here next week!).

Just have to remember to do some writing, too...

No comments: